I am Elder Brett Moore, an LDS Missionary serving in the Japan Tokyo Mission from September 2015 - September 2017. I can be emailed while on the mission at: brett.moore@myldsmail.net

Elder Brett Moore

Elder Brett Moore

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Week 64- 12/19/16 It Snowed! And Now It's Gone

Hello everybody! Yes according to my email title it did snow. Pretty
hard for about 2-3 days actually. We had to walk everywhere. But now
he temperature is back up tot he 50s for some reason so I'm still
doubtful of the claims about how this place is crazy in the winter. I
guess we'll see huh?

This week we pretty much just walked everywhere. I've got a good
picture of the snow just starting. We had pretty much nothing going on
for as us as well so there was plenty of time to walk. Unfortunately
it takes us a good amount of time to get ANYWHERE on foot so that's
where our week went. You'd think it would be fine because we can just
talk to people on the street but once there's actually precipitation
the Japanese people scatter and nobody goes outside. They don't even
come answer their doors here.

We did have a super cool and rad time this weekend though. The 16th
was Elder McIlraths birthday so we celebrated, then the 17th was a
huge Christmas party that president Nagano supervised. He came down
and everything. It was the culmination of all our guitar classes so
far. We rocked the house and had a good time. Lots of people showed
up. Then on the 18th it was my birthday so we had a little party after
church and ate the left over sandwiches from the Christmas party. The
branch president gave me an assignment to speak in sacrament meeting
because it was birthday so I did pretty good on that.

This email is honestly pretty hard to write. We really didn't do much
this week except for the Christmas part at the end of the week. Also
thank you all for the bridal wishes! I'm a day ahead so they're all
late but I still feel your love. Hope everybody has a great week this
week! Here are pictures!

What we woke up to

There's actually a mountain behind me. The snow was that thick

We decided to make a Christmas card. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment